Finding a reliable HVAC contractor can be both challenging and frustrating. Challenging because there are many contractors to choose from and frustrating because there isn’t an objective way to know which company is best to hire.
So, how do you find the right contractor for all your HVAC needs? Here are some helpful tips:
- Do your research. Use your resources to find a trusted and reliable HVAC company in your area.
- Seek referrals. Ask your friends or family members if they would recommend a local HVAC company. If they have had a positive experience with a company, they will likely want you to have a similar experience.
- Ask for references. Ask the company to provide references and pictures from previous work performed. Great companies love to show off their work!
- Read online reviews. Check review websites such as Google for insights into HVAC contractors. Since these websites don’t filter reviews, it is difficult to create fake reviews – making them a reliable source of information in your HVAC contractor search.
- Check professional standards. Reliable companies should have prompt and courteous technicians and staff. If you feel comfortable, stop by the company’s office. This will give you insight into their business practices and the company’s longevity.
- Request verification. There is no licensing requirement in Illinois for HVAC contractors; however, there are HVAC license requirements on the local level. Check the licensing requirements within your local municipality. Any reputable contractor or company should furnish this information if requested.
- Request a written estimate. Verbal contacts are acceptable, but getting the details in writing is preferred. A reliable and trustworthy HVAC contractor would be happy to provide a written estimate of expected repairs and total cost.
If you follow these tips, you should have no problem finding the right HVAC contractor for your needs. With a little bit of effort, you can find the perfect contractor to keep your home or business comfortable all year long.
With a residential and commercial customer base in Tampa Bay, Air Rescue installs and services air conditioning, heating, and ventilation systems of varying sizes. In addition to this work, we offer free second opinions on system replacements! Be sure to visit our website or call 813-612-5600 to schedule an appointment today!