When it comes to saving money, being environmentally conscious, and having a healthy atmosphere for years down the line – why wouldn’t you want your heating & cooling systems rated as energy-efficient? But how do we know whether our current or potential HVAC units are certified at a high level of efficiency?
Luckily there are many ways to tell whether your unit is eco-friendly including:
- Check the SEER Rating. The SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) rating is used to measure the energy efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Check the AFUE Rating: The AFUE rating measures how much energy efficiency your furnace has. The higher the number, the more economical it will be for you to run – meaning lower utility bills! If there isn’t any marking on your unit or if what’s written says “model/serial no,” then head over to the manufacturer’s website using this information to find out about its performance characteristics before buying anything new.
- Look for the ENERGY STAR Certification: ENERGY STAR® is the simple choice for energy efficiency. For more than 20 years, the ENERGY STAR program has been America’s resource for saving energy.
- Watch for Signs of Inefficiency: The AC in your home is a life-saver during hot, humid days. It keeps you cool and comfortable no matter the temperature outside, but if it’s not running efficiently, you might be losing money and energy. Here are some common signs your system is not running efficiently.
- Your Energy Bills are Unusually High
- You Don’t Have a Consistent Temperature Throughout Your Home
- Your AC Unit Runs Constantly
- Your AC is Over 10 Years Old
- You Need Frequent AC Repairs
Air Rescue is here to help get your air quality in check for the autumn and winter and ensure it’s energy-efficient. We’ve provided heating, ventilation, A/C repair, or installation needs for residential and commercial customers in the greater Tampa Bay area since 1946. We pride ourselves on our reliable service, excellent customer service, and affordable pricing. That’s why residents and businesses always choose Air Rescue! Visit our website to learn more, or give us a call at 813-612-5600 to get started.