Summer is when many people like to take advantage of the warmer weather and spend time outdoors. However, higher energy bills can put a damper on your summer fun.
In this blog post, we will discuss five tips to help you lower your energy bills this summer!
- Make sure you are getting regular maintenance done to your HVAC unit, such as changing the air filter. A well-maintained HVAC unit will run more efficiently and use less energy.
- Use a programmable thermostat to help you keep your energy usage down. You can set the thermostat to raise the temperature when you are away from home or during hours when you are asleep.
- Consider dark or blackout curtains to block out the heat during the daytime when temperatures rise. This will help keep your home cooler and reduce the energy you use.
- Be mindful of how often you are using your appliances. During the summer, try to limit your use of the oven and dishwasher. Instead, opt for lighter meals that don’t require cooking or washing dishes or use a slow cooker that doesn’t produce a lot of excess heat in the kitchen.
- Consider running fans to give your unit a break. Fans use less energy than air conditioners and can help circulate the cool air throughout your home.
By following these tips, you can lower your energy bills and have more money to enjoy your summer! It’s essential to have your HVAC system checked regularly to extend the lifespan of your unit.
The VIP Plan from Air Rescue is designed with these needs in mind. Whether you have one unit or many units at your business, this plan will ensure that all equipment is well-maintained by our expert technicians, who know how to get the job done right! To learn more or schedule service, call 813-612-5600 today!