Do you know what’s circulating through your air ducts? It’s hard to pinpoint exactly what’s up in the ducts, but it’s essential to understand how it could be affecting your health. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), which regulates outdoor and indoor air quality, notes that the levels of pollutants indoors may be 100 times higher than outdoor pollutant levels. On average, the typical American spends up to 90% of their time indoors, so air duct inspections and cleaning are vital to the health of your home or business.
Signs You Need a Duct Inspection
Every day you use your heating and cooling system. Daily usage comes with a lot more than just warm and cold air. Dust, dust mites, pollen, animal dander, and bacteria can circulate through your home and air duct systems. Here are the top reasons to know when it’s time to call a professional HVAC duct cleaning service:
- Mold: If you find any mold near or around your cooling and heating system.
- Respiratory Issues: If you find yourself having unexplainable respiratory problems, the air quality in your home could be the culprit.
- Dirty Air Filters: Dirty air filters can cause pollutants to build up and even block the airflow. Air filters should be cleaned every 3-6 months.
- Dirty Duct Covers: Duct covers on your ceiling can get dirty over time. Look for visible dust and debris on air registers, grilles, and returns.
- Inconsistent Air Flow: If you notice inconsistent airflow in your home, your ducts could be dirty, and the air filters could be clogged, contaminating the airflow.
- After Major Building Construction or Renovations: Don’t skip an air duct cleaning after work has been done on your property when dust and allergen levels spike.
- A Spike in Monthly Heating and Cooling Costs: Blockages make your HVAC unit work harder, sending your monthly costs upward.
- Rodent or Insect infestation: Creatures taking up residence in your air ducts require attention as they shed and have the potential to explode in population levels.
Why Cleaning Your Air Ducts Is Important
It’s easy to ignore cleaning your air ducts, but cleaning your ducts will improve your health and air quality. But, why should you clean your ducts? The National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA) stated simply, “because they get dirty!” Yes, there is an average amount of debris and dust that accumulates in the air ducts of homes and businesses, but additional reasons for duct cleaning include:
- Sick Building Syndrome
- Increase the Efficiency of Your HVAC System
- Remove Nasty Odors
Air Rescue can help with all of your duct cleanings needs. With our Rotobrush technology, we can loosen and brush dust and debris from the wall of your duct system. Along with the walls, Air Rescue’s professional HVAC experts will vacuum, remove all dust and debris, clean the HVAC coil system, clean the HVAC blower motor, odor, and germ decontamination, plus a thorough cleaning of all vents, grilles, registers, and returns.
When you call on Air Rescue, you can be confident you will receive superior service and affordable pricing. Our highly qualified team can provide the necessary repair, maintenance, or service quickly, and we are always ready to respond in case of an emergency, too, 24/7. For more information, visit our website or give us a call at 813 612- 5600!