Like most people, you probably don’t think about your HVAC unit until there’s a problem. And by then, it’s often too late. One of the best ways to prevent issues with your HVAC unit is to clean the condenser coils regularly. In this blog post, we will discuss the benefits of cleaning condenser coils, how to do it yourself, and when to seek the help of a professional.
Cleaning your condenser coils regularly has many benefits:
- Extends the life of your HVAC unit. Dirt and debris can build up on the coils, causing them to work harder than they need to. Over time, this can lead to premature wear and tear on your unit.
- Improves efficiency.Excess debris can impede airflow, making it harder for your unit to do its job. When you keep the coils clean, you allow your unit to work more efficiently, which can save you money on your energy bills.
- Improves air quality. Dirt and debris can act as a filter, trapping pollutants in the air. When you clean the coils, you remove this filter, allowing for better airflow and cleaner air in your home.
Cleaning your condenser coils is relatively simple and can be done with a brush or vacuum attachment:
- Turn off your HVAC unit and disconnect it from power.
- Remove any debris that is visible on the coils. Once the visible debris has been removed, use a brush or vacuum attachment to gently clean the coils. Be careful not to damage them while you are cleaning.
- Reconnect your HVAC unit to power and turn it back on.
You should clean your condenser coils at least once a year, but more often if you live in an area with a lot of dust or pollen. If you have never cleaned your coils before or are unsure of how to do it, you can always hire a professional to do it for you.
Add this simple task to your regular maintenance routine to keep your HVAC unit running smoothly for years to come. Contact us if you have questions about your unit and how to extend its life. We would be happy to help.
The VIP Plan from Air Rescue is designed with these needs in mind. Whether you have one unit or many units at your business, this plan will ensure that all equipment is well-maintained by our expert technicians, who know how to get the job done right!